Jurby Festival - H1 50th Anniversary - Instructions

Post Anything & Everything about Events, Shows & Rallies inside or outside the UK.....

Jurby Festival - H1 50th Anniversary - Instructions

Postby Tony_d123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 pm

An update on the H1 50th Anniversary celebrations at the Festival of Jurby in the Isle of Man on Sunday 25th August 2019.

I have all the entrant packs and either handed them out or will post them. They contain wristbands & vehicle pass to get into the circuit, safety briefing, indemnity form (to be handed in at the event) and a programme. It is all free if you are taking a triple.

The gates open at 8am. It gets a bit manic when the paddock gate opens but we hope to get an area to keep all the triples together. Space is at a premium and it’s first come first served, so try to get there early.

VMCC want us to display six bikes in one of their grand marquees where other bikes will also be on display. I am hoping to get one of each 500 model and will contact people when I have firmed up what people are taking.

We have two track sessions for any triple, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. These are parade laps not a race, you can go as fast or as steady as you feel comfortable. There will be Travelling Marshalls leading the way for the first one or two laps to help familiarise you with the course. Do not overtake the Marshalls until they pull off the course. Please read the attached Safety Briefing.

This is a great opportunity to spend a day with racing exotica and legends. Agostini, Carl Fogarty and John McGuiness are just some of the guests who be there and on track.

Regulations (track sessions):-

• Signing on will be available from 8:30 and the first track session will start at 10:00am. Entrants are requested to arrive and sign on early.
• Machines entered for the Jurby track event do not need to be road legal.
• Entrants will be required to sign-on, on the day at the the VMCC Marquee. Here you will get your Purple wristband for the track.
• Clothing - Belstaff type suits or leathers, stout boots and gloves. NO PUDDING BASIN HELMETS, ARMOURED JEANS OR TRAINERS WILL BE ALLOWED.
• Rider MUST be 18 years of age or older at time of the event

If you need any further information, please give me a call on 07538 195212. If not I will see you on the 25th :D
Regards,
Tony Davenport
Tony_d123
Expert

Re: Jurby Festival - H1 50th Anniversary - Instructions

Postby Tony_d123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:03 pm

A few people have requested further clarification on clothing.

Heavy duty textiles are OK and leathers don't have to zip together but must be fit for purpose i.e. no exposed clothing/flesh. So, when riding the bike your entire body needs to be covered by protected clothing. If you get a builders bum then zip together is a good idea!

No jeans allowed protected or otherwise.

cheers,
Tony
Tony_d123
Expert

Return to Rallies, Shows & Events