h1d -h2 ignition box.

Any Bikes, Parts or Accessories you are Hunting for, want to Trade or Sell. Post them here........

h1d -h2 ignition box.

Postby Phil.500 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:14 pm

hi all,does anyone have a working h1d or h2 ignition box for sale? one of mine now seems to have stopped working.thanks phil.500
Phil.500
Inter

Re: h1d -h2 ignition box.

Postby Barrie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:50 am

If all else fails they can be rebuilt,
the details of which are on the resources site, from memory there is a total of seven components ,a circuit board and some potting compound to source.
Barrie
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 am

I rebuilt the small rectifier unit which is the DC supply for the 3 cdi units, quite easy for anyone with a little electrical knowledge.

I found slowly warming the unit with a hot air blower allowed the original potting to crumble away when scraped away with a small screwdriver until the whole inwards were released, then just a little bit more heat to clean the remains of the potting from around the components.

You'll be surprised how little heat it takes

Unsolder the components after noting which way around the diodes are, you may need to open the holes up slightly to take the higher rated diodes.

When re potting put two bolts in the mounting holes and secure the inwards with a piece of lockwire between the bolts and across the units wires, make sure the circuit board doesn't touch the outer case when potting, leave for about 24 hours for compound to harden
Tilly H2C
Inter

Postby Phil.500 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 am

i think it is one of the 3 ignition boxes,as when i swap over the red and white wires the spark moves to a different cylinder.would be interested in finding the rebuild feature to have a look at it,though im not a sparky.thanks for the replies.is there an alternative that will do the job.could the ones on ebay be dodgy? anyone bought off there anything like this.phil.500
Phil.500
Inter

Postby BIG H » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Phil.500 You have a PM.
BIG H
Expert

Return to Swap, Sell or Wanted