French ARDENNES rally 8 9 june 2019

Post Anything & Everything about Events, Shows & Rallies inside or outside the UK.....

French ARDENNES rally 8 9 june 2019

Postby husson73 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:59 am

We already did it last year and was a test rally so we did not advertissing anywhere cause we didn't know how it worked.
Was really good so now we are speaking about for this year.

saturday 8 june and sunday 9 june 2019. REVIN 08100 Ardennes France

We will book an hotel in REVIN 08500 Ardennes France with parking for the bikes (or even van excepted last year we all 16 came by roads) the town is close from Chimay track in Belgium with dinner and lunch on saturday and breakfast on sunday

We will have run out in France and Belgium on saturday with small curved roards and a run on Gedinne track in Belgium as the track is on open roads :roll:
Run out on sunday on Belgium to Chimay track as the track is on open roads :mrgreen: with lunch in a good restaurant in Belgium. :smt002

UK members welcome with K triple or old Z or W or old 2 stroke.

*We need to know is some overseas mates will come quick as we must book the rooms for the hotel and reserve the meals.

PM for more :smt004

pictures from last year here;
http://kawasaki-triples.fr/viewtopic.php?t=5230
WS Churchill "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war"
husson73
Expert

Re: French ARDENNES rally 8 9 june 2019

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Aw, JP now you've gone and done it?? Two French Rallies with my name on 'em.. so which one to visit?? or both maybe??

This one looks a little quieter than the Alsace Rally.. but is also a lot closer for us Rosbifs..
Wolfie MBE (Motor Bike Enthusiast)
I used to be a werewolf but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby husson73 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm

it's your fault UK Ktriples guys: after years and years posting pictures of the UK K T rallies on the french forum two things happen.
Firstly some froggies came on UK rallies mostly to the Southern. :smt004
Secondly some froggies decided to do K triple rallies so we have got two now: Alsace rally which will be the 5th and Ardennes rally which will be the 2th.
there were less people than on a UK rally even if Alsace is the big one with more than 35 K triples. Ardennes was smaller: we were 16 last year but we have made any advertissment even in french forum. Was just test event with the frogs from North and one from Alsace who all now came each year on the Southern rally.
We manage to be around 25 K triples this year on the Ardennes Rally. and hope to be more than 40 K triples in the next Alsace rally. :mrgreen: with some frogs coming from the south of France (a kind of 400 miles + to come some have 600 or 700 miles :roll: ).

North of France and Alsace are the two areas in France on which you can find the bigger number of guys (and chicks at least two) who ride K triples on road.
You will think many on the South, yes it's right excepted between South west and South east there is 500 miles+ so there are different areas of the country.
Paris and around will be perhaps the place where there is the bigger number of K triple owners excepted we will be no more than 15 to ride regulary.
WS Churchill "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war"
husson73
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

I can't say I'd ever seen any mention of an Ardennes Rally.. but maybe confused the two, but hey.. Let's see if we can do both!

There looks to be some lovely scenery around this area. I could see a nice staircase type road to the east of the town, only to find it's a small back road in poor condition.. just like England then!

I'm still trying to convince 'er indoors to go to Alsace, we have some friends near Dijon so I could leave her there.. (maybe not pick her up on the way back).
Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Oh hey... If you did one in the South... I'd definitely go for that.. :D Thumbs Up
Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby husson73 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 pm

you 're right it's this year 2019 the first time or year we mention the Ardennes rally.
Last year we do not made any advertissment even on french K triple forum*.
We just posted pictures after the event was passed.
Will be please seeing you on one or both event.
BTW when I will come from Paris to the Alsace rally will go on highway and by Dijon A 38(Paris Auxerre Avallon A 6) then A 39 Dole Besançon Mulhouse (still on highway A 36).
husson73
Expert

Postby SAM » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:42 pm

This sounds better to me. Longer days and few hours nearer. And I know I can do this.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby husson73 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 am

Those who manage coming to the Ardennes rally could confirm to me as we must know how many romms we must book as we will all on the same hotel and BTW single room or two on a room (with single bed anyway), thanks per advance :smt004
husson73
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Just been eyeing up some possibilities for Ardennes..

From here to Shuttle (and back) about £100ish fuel. Shuttle £132ish depending on the time of the day.. Means setting off before the Sparrows wake up on the morning (from here).. Into France early afternoon and arrive in the evening..

From here to Hull (and back), about £10ish fuel, Overnight Ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge £320, wake up in Zeebrugge then have all day to drive around same distance to Ardennes as from Shuttle.. prob get there early-mid afternoon.

Return:-

Early start from Ardennes to Shuttle around dinnertime, shuttle then four hours home. Total around £250ish.

All day to do same sort of distance to Zeebrugge, Overnight on Ferry, wake up in Hull 1/2 hour home. Total around £330ish.

Hmm I think the ferry is probably the winner here, doing a leisurely route via Le Shuttle means extra night (or two)s stay somewhere.

Might be even cheeper with two sharing a cabin.

Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby husson73 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

Wolfie to manage a trip is alway choosing between different ways.
Agree that the night ferry sounds good for you.
husson73
Expert

Postby Chris Todd » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Any Brits going?
Chris Todd
Expert

Postby SAM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Me
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Yep, put me down for a room please JP. I don't mind sharing a room (as long as the beds are separate).

I checked the Zeebrugge Ferry price again as a double booking with another member, If his Camper was listed as a Camper we could go 2 vehicles, 2 people, 1 double cabin for £420.

Unfortunately his camper is still registered as a van, the same journey would now be £740! WTF...Same vehicle, just called something different. :shock: seems like they are just milking business users.

Looks like the Tunnel dash might have gained a little ground.
Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby SAM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Still toying with ride down! Must get either h2c or h1A sorted. Otherwise I will van by tunnel.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 am

Can I go on my Bonneville :?:
Eric
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:33 am

A Trident would be more appropriate...

Ah what the hell, course you can... We know that Triples are your main love. love..

Are you thinking of going Chris? How are you travelling? Just thinking that if you're going by car or camper, the Ferry route might be good for you too, you have even further to go than us Southerners.

£210... Hull to Zeebrugge. Nice leisurely drive there and back incl 2 nights accommodation.Thumbs Up. Beer-Boat, what could go wrong?

But if it's a Van, see above..
:shock:
Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby husson73 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Eric yes you can come with a Bonneville; we would prefer the old 650cc T 120 but even an actual one could do the job :roll:
After all last year there were two guys each with a Suzuki GT 750 :shock: so as you have a K triple heart you're welcome :mrgreen:
Let me say who will come as I will see with those who will come for hotel and accomodation.
We got the following price for saturday dinner, night and big breakfeast on sunday morning 60 €
Thos who will be there on friday evening (there will be some frogs) or wil stay on saturday night say me. :smt004
husson73
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Erm that's 2 nights for me please JP Thumbs Up

Travel Thurs-Fri... Fri/Sat nights at Hotel then Sun-Mon travel.. It's not worth coming for one night...
Wolfie
Site Admin

Postby SAM » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 pm

JP I will come. At this stage its just me! Friday and Saturday night required.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Return to Rallies, Shows & Events