Neighbours

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

Neighbours

Postby Pedro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Just had a massive blow up with the next door neighbour....I always try to be very respectful and understand i own noisy smelly motorbikes but i NEVER complain when he goes off to play golf!
Anyway after a few years of niceties have just told him to f-ck right off....anyone else had experience like this?
Last edited by Pedro on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro
Inter

Re: Neighbours

Postby TallyB » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:14 pm

If it needs to be said, it needs to be said. :D
There is no such thing as bad drink, just some better than others.
TallyB
Expert

Postby SERPICO » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 pm

I suppose it depends on what time you were firing up said bikes. Was it at 3am in the morning after a few too many beers?
SERPICO
Expert

Postby SAM » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Pleased to say never had any grief from mine!
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Kawaclive » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Last year I went to help a fellow triple owner get an H1 running.
We were in his garage at the end of a shared drive and it leaked fuel so I stripped and cleaned the carbs.
Whilst we were doing this his lady neighbour who must have smelt the fuel came and hung her washing out on the line then went indoors for a while then when we started the bike came back out and had a rant at us for making her washing smell of fuel!
All she had to do was to ask how long we were going to be before hanging it out .
He said that she often complains about him running bikes or cars but different things annoy different people.
I have a neighbours son learning to play the bass guitar at the moment and hearing the same chords repetitively is wearing but I put up with it as payback is when I start a triple!
Kawaclive
Expert

Postby robh1f » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:02 pm

One of the nicest things moving out here was .....space. Great neighbours go a long way as well. Both bikers. We made more than our fair share of noise building extensions but kept it to 8.30 to 5.00 Lots of building work happening in our area at the mo....no complaints from anyone. People who complain needlessly normally have nothing better to do..... :wink:
robh1f
Expert

Postby Doctorpayday » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:05 pm

I have neighbour who has smokey and pungent bonfires.

Got another who has parties that finish late are very loud and the smell of puff is over powering.

Another has got a dog that barks incessantly.

And they have me.
No Poke without Smoke.
Doctorpayday
Expert

Postby gotz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:00 am

I never had problems with the neighbours. Darren who lives on side has two KTM Enduros both 2 stroke.and Frank on the other side used to be a Honda Enduro works rider in the 1970's. He now owns his 'Sophia' see the link for pictures.

https://www.picuki.com/media/2239297679796877375

P.S.: The spring on the shock absorber is carbon fibre and cost more than my H1 :shock: :shock:
Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
gotz
Expert

Postby Nick64 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Talking to some people who deal with these things, the number of complaints about neighbours has increased quite a lot during this pandemic - I suppose people are normally not at home so much so don't usually notice what you are up to.

But I'll put up with your kid's/dog's/builders's noise if you put up with the noise I make.

Years ago when we lived in a 1st floor maisonette the woman below was a complete PITA and would complain (and bang on her ceiling)if we walked across the floor, opened the freezer or had the TV on. Even after putting soundproofing down and taking other steps she would still complain. Our eldest son was a toddler at this time and she would complain about him walking/crawling and crying (as kids do).
She was civilian staff for the police and one evening she banged on her ceiling so much that her ceiling came down, she then called the police and tried to scare us with being prosecuted for criminal damage. It was obvious the police were there unofficially as no report or record of their visit was made. I said to the police that the reason her ceiling had come down was her banging on it - the policeman replied that that couldn't be the case as the ceiling had come down and not up!?
In the end we drafted a series of legal looking letters with the help of a solicitor friend and then a letter before action from the solicitor.
The next thing we knew she had put her flat on the market and moved out.
This was probably the most stressful few years of our lives - trying to live with unreasonable neighbours is difficult.
Speaking to other neighbours we found out that her behaviour had actually caused the previous 2 people who lived in our flat to move, this made me resolve not to let this bully win.

I hope you reolve your differences with your neighbour and it is just a "flash in the pan".
KH400A4
My Dad told me "If it's stuck use a bigger hammer."
Nick64
Expert

Postby Neil the Don » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm

I`ve lived in my House longer than all my neighbours. So they get what has always been here, so to speak.

The difference between a two stroke firing up , is no worse than a Lawnmower going on at 8am on a Sunday moning ?

Neighbours have yappy dogs , bandsawa cutting , and kids screaming and laughing . So I feel it all evens itself out.

I did once get somebody complain I was running a business from home. Got a Rates Assesor appear about it. But when she saw the pics of mo on bikes on the walss, the Z1 engine sitting on a Coffee Table , and a " few " bikes parked up the drive in the rear garden . She realised it was a way of life, and this was my home. not a business Workshop.

( The fact I pay rent & rates on an Industrial Unit in same Council zone helped too....oh, and the fact that I live directly opposite a Motorbike shop !! )

I suppose it will come around again soon enough, when the next upwardly moblie younger couple move in and decide I may be bringing the standard of the Street down ??

( Thats when I`ll have another impromptu " free beer " afternoon with the local 1%er Club. Always clears the room !!
Neil the Don
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:05 pm

We had a large stretch of hard to mow grass down the side of my garage, I decided enough was enough and went about digging it up and replacing it with dark grey slate and the odd bush here and there.

My neighbour came out and aggressively asked me what I was doing as it was her outlook from the front of her house.

I tried explaining it was going to look nice and would stop me having to cut the grass twice a week all to no avail.

A quick ''Why dont you and your nose just fuck off and mind your own business'' has kept her quiet for the last 10 years

Happy Days :)
Tilly H2C
Expert

Postby Pedro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Like that one :lol:
Pedro
Inter

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.