New Cylinder

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

New Cylinder

Postby Terry » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am

I need some advise about the different types of Cylinder for the H2. I have managed to mangle my RH cylinder on my H2A and need a replacement. Looking online there are a few about. I know I cant use the very early high cut cylinder which is a shame because there are 2 on eBay and one of them is unused. I believe mine should have a middle cut slanted one and the H2B and C seem to have a less deep cut. A lot of the adverts say H2 Cylinder 72 to 75 which must be wrong I think. Are the mid cut 11005-111 and the low cut 11005-130-2H the same except the cutout is less on the later model (so. I can modify) or are the internal ports different in some way. Also what’s the TP-1 and TP-2 all about. I know they are different mounds but are they interchangeable? Any help is much appreciated at this difficult time.
Terry

Re: New Cylinder

Postby Nigel S » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 am

You should have the second generation barrel with ski slope cut away. In my opinion I'll n the most desirable.
You can use any of the barrels on your bike but would try have a matched set I.E same cut away. If you use the later barrels H2 b/c then you need to either modify the barrel for the oil passage or use a 4 port oil pump with feed to the carbs.

As for the TP numbers Ij have not seen any relevance to those numbers as all three generations have the same TP number. Could be just a mold number :smt102
Ever started something you wish you had'nt.
Nigel S
Expert

Postby gotz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
gotz
Expert

Postby Terry » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Ok thanks that’s great. Do you know if I can take a later barrel and give it a ski slope cutaway? That way I only need one ( hopefully) as well as drill the oil way
Terry

Postby gotz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 pm

H2b/c cylinders have got a smaller intake.
Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
gotz
Expert

Postby Neil the Don » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 am

Terry wrote:Ok thanks that’s great. Do you know if I can take a later barrel and give it a ski slope cutaway? That way I only need one ( hopefully) as well as drill the oil way

the most important thing I suspect would be making sure on a later cylinder that you make sure the oil feed hole is to the earlier spec ?

As the B/Cs had oil lines ro carbs the upper cylinder feed drilling was blocked off. You'd need to open it out again , as well as matching the ski slope.
Neil the Don
Expert

Postby Hal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am

Neil the Don wrote: the most important thing I suspect would be making sure on a later cylinder that you make sure the oil feed hole is to the earlier spec ?

As the B/Cs had oil lines ro carbs the upper cylinder feed drilling was blocked off. You'd need to open it out again , as well as matching the ski slope.

I believe the oil way is present in the later barrels but needs a restriction jet fitting as per the early ones. The crankcase will of course already be drilled as Terry is fitting it to an H2A.

http://3cyl.com/mraxl/partid/cylinders/cyldif.htm
Hal
Expert

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.